Who requires an EPC?

As of the 21st May 2010, if you decide to place your property on the market for sale or rent in the UK you will need to purchase an EPC. This includes both residential and commercial properties. Since April 2018 it is also a legal requirement for the EPC rating to be a minimum of an ‘E’ rating in order for that property to be let to a tenant.

Green Genie Energy has qualified EPC Inspector to carry out EPC inspection and provide this as part of the service.

Applying for the Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS)

Under this scheme you can get:
£5,000 off the cost and installation of an air source heat pump
£5,000 off the cost and installation of a biomass boiler
£6,000 off the cost and installation of a ground source heat pump
You may be eligible if you:
live in England or Wales
own your property (whether this is a home or a small non-domestic property)
The property will need to have:
an installation capacity up to 45kWth (this covers most homes)
a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) with no outstanding recommendations for loft or cavity wall insulation (unless you have an insulation exemption)

New build properties will not normally be eligible. The only exception is if you’re building your own home.
Your installer will advise whether a low carbon heating system is suitable for your property.


Contact Green Genie Energy for more information.


Contact Us


Newminster House

St Stephens’s Street



Company reg number: 13218321

VAT number: 374 4226 93